Mahatma Rice Unites
Mahatma White Rice is a traditional family favorite extra-long rice so it releases less starch during cooking and helps you achieve that perfect separate but fluffy texture. This rice pairs excellently with a wide variety of dishes for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and is Non-GMO, free of MSG, and contains no added preservatives.
About Riviana Foods Inc®Mahatma is a Riviana Foods Inc. brand. Riviana brands are well known for their quality and excellence, leading the rice industry in innovation, and providing high-quality products you can be proud to serve your family.
Mahatma White Rice, Extra Long Enriched Rice, 2 Pound Bag
- Uncooked, long grain enriched white rice
- Gluten free and Non-GMO Project Verified
- Can be cooked on the stove or in the microwave
- Made without preservatives or MSG
- For extra flavor, cook in broth with seasoning and herbs
Traditional Mexican Rice Recipe
Rich in tomato flavor, this vibrant and classic Mexican Rice is made with Mahatma White Rice and a delicious side that will perfectly complement almost any dish. Try it today!
- 2 cups Mahatma White Rice
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 2 medium tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and divided
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- In a blender, puree 1 cup broth, onion, tomatoes, tomato paste, and 2 garlic cloves until smooth; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan set over medium-high heat. Stir in rice, carrot and remaining smashed garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly golden and toasted.
- Stir in pureed tomato mixture, remaining broth, cumin, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in peas and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and absorbs most of the liquid. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice and fluff with a fork before serving.
- For a spicier taste, add diced Jalapeno or Serrano pepper to rice dish if desired.